[CentOS] CentOS 5.2 ?

Kevin Krieser k_krieser at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 23 15:44:53 UTC 2008

On May 22, 2008, at 11:32 PM, Paul wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 15:42 -0400, Matt Hyclak wrote:
>> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:03:23PM -0700, Florin Andrei enlightened
>> us:
>>> Anybody knows when CentOS 5.2 will be made available?
>>>
>>> http://www.linux.com/feature/135980
>>
>> When it's done. For crying out loud, upstream has only released 5.2
>> less
>> than 24 hours ago.
>>
>> It will be at least a couple of weeks for the builds to finish and
>> preliminary QA to take place.
>>
>> Can we please hold off on these questions until June at the very
>> least?
>
> LOL, it's *almost* funny how quick people start asking when the next
> version will come out when after upstream has released a new version.
>
> I'm looking forward to some of the new apps & features, but I can wait
> the 2-3 weeks it usually takes.

I wasn't expecting RHEL 5.2 yesterday, hadn't been giving it much
thought.  Then, saw report about a vulnerable SSL, saw that Red Hat
had released a fix a couple days ago, and did a quick yum update, and
got 685MB worth of updates :)

So I expect that I'll have nearly that many updates in a few weeks
when the CentOS group can finalize their update.

Best wishes, don't work too hard this holiday weekend (in US).

Kevin