[CentOS] RAID5 or RAID50 for database?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon May 26 10:48:25 UTC 2008

Linux wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>> Linux wrote:
>>> Current mdadm raid10 version in CentOS5 is a little old (v2.5.4 - 13
>>> October 2006) and has a bug which sometimes kicks one drive from raid
>>> after initial resync and repeats kicking-after-resync when hot added
>>> again and again and again.
>> Do you have some bug numbers ?
>>
>> The only bugs that exist, are the ones that come with bug numbers,
>> everything else is just user error.
>
> I guess I'm not the only one who is trying to be an a**hole :)

ok, so let me be clear about something here - if you are going to say
there is a bug in the centos code, you need to back that up with a bug
number at either bugzilla.redhat.com or bugs.centos.org if you cant -
then you are just a ranting idiot.

Also, the idea of centos and the whole enterprise platform seems new to
you, version numbers are not the only thing you need to rely on to get /
check functionality within the code base.