[CentOS] Re: memorial day kernel panic

sbeam sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Tue May 27 18:24:45 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 13:16, Miguel Medalha wrote:
> Some Tyan boards are known as being very picky with RAM. If you want to
> avoid problems, you should really stick to the types listed in Tyan's
> memory compatibility list.

hmm. well the spec sheet just says "unbuffered DDR 266/200" and that is what
we got. I never noticed there was a list of "recommended" memory, but your
comment made me look and I found one. PQI is not on the list :(

But... we had a similar system with the same mobo and ram stick - only one
512M, not 2x1G like these - that was running for years with nary a hiccup
until the disks died. The one we are having problems with was its
upgrade/replacement. Maybe this is a problem though.

thanks
Sam