[CentOS] Bind Help

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Wed May 28 04:16:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> I wondered if I could include the "external" view in the first view,
> or I suppose I can simply copy the details from the second view
> into the first, but that forces me to keep it updated in two places...

Use includes for the common parts. You create a "common.inc" or
similar, and then include this file from both the internal and
external view. When you have to change something in the common area,
you just have to edit it in common.inc (except for the serial of the
zones, which you will still have to increment in both.)

IIRC the syntax is:

$INCLUDE common.inc

Please refer to bind documentation for more information on this statement.

HTH,
Filipe