[CentOS] Frequent Gnome Terminal crashes in CentOS 5.1

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu May 29 20:23:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com> wrote:

> Fresh install via kickstart.  I reformatted the root and /boot partitions,
> but left one user partition untouched.
>
> I don't think this is possible since I reformatted the root partition (I
> only have /, /boot, and /scratch partitions in addition to a swap
> partition).
>
> The process ends without leaving a trace unfortunately (at least that I can
> find).  I did have an strace running on one system attached to the
> gnone-terminal process and it finally died after 5 days or so.  Here are the
> last 20 lines from the log:

Is it possible you have some kind of time-out set, like an idle time
cut-off?  If it's only happening at night, this might explain it.

I have Seamonkey crashes and strange behavior related to nautilus
windows when I try to open Netowrk Connections, but I've never seen or
heard of anything like this.

mhr