[CentOS] Re: Updates in same major version number ?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri May 30 22:21:01 UTC 2008

on 5-30-2008 2:54 PM Emmanuel Fournier spake the following:
> May be already asked, sorry so !
>
> But what is the best method when updating between
> 4.4 and 4.5
> or
> 4.4 and 4.6
> or
> 5.0 and 5.1
>
> Is it ok to update only with 'yum update' cmd, with no risk ?
>
> Thanks you for your support,
> Emmanuel Fournier - ICT

That is exactly how you update in point versions. Occasionally there might be
issues, but they are the exception. I remember a broken package back about the
4.2 to 4.3 upgrade. but it was resolved quickly. Usually if there is a yum or
rpm upgrade involved, it might be better to install those packages first, but
it might not happen again.
There is no special magic involved in a point release.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and