[CentOS] Forward all traffic from public IP A to public IP B?

Morten Sundstrøm morten at coretek.no
Mon Nov 3 22:54:24 UTC 2008

John R Pierce skrev:
> Morten Sundstrøm wrote:
>
>> Im trying to forward all traffic to a public server(A) to another
>> public server(B) except traffic to port 22. Found this on google but
>> cant get it to work. Could someone help me please.
>> Server A has one NIC server B has one NIC. Do i need 2 NICS in server A.
> Server B is not behind server A, two different machines on different
> public networks.
>>
> Offhand, I'd suggest setting up a VPN between the two servers, perhaps
> using OpenVPN, configured so server "A" is masquerading the VPN's
> private addresses, and use ip masquerade style port forwarding to
> server B's private VPN address.
> this still leaves some questionable scenarios...  for instance,
> assuming server B has its own default gateway (which, indeed, it needs
> for various reasons), if a FTP connection request comes in via server
> A's port forwarding and NAT, the handling of the FTP dynamic 'data'
> port will get messy.    the same applies to any other protocol that
> genereates dynamic requests.
>
> for that matter, server "B" generated outbound traffic, like for
> instance, email... is that to be forwarded out through A ?
No nothing will go back from B through A, traffic from B vil go directly
to the quering host. Sort of like manipulate the header of every packet
changing destination IP to New destination IP and let the new
destination host answer the query. Maybe im way of here :) and if I am
then somone just say it and i will forget the whole ting.

/Morten