[CentOS] Forward all traffic from public IP A to public IP B?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Nov 3 23:48:26 UTC 2008

Morten Sundstrøm wrote:
> No nothing will go back from B through A, traffic from B vil go
> directly to the quering host. Sort of like manipulate the header of
> every packet changing destination IP to New destination IP and let the
> new destination host answer the query. Maybe im way of here :) and if
> I am then somone just say it and i will forget the whole ting.

yeah, that flat won't work.

    client C sends packet with source address:C, destination address A,
port P
    A forwards packet to B with src: C, dest: B, port P
    B replies to C with src: B, dest C

C goes 'wtf is this packet?  I don't have any open socket like this' and
rejects it.

rather...

    client C sends packet with source address:C, destination address A,
port P
    A forwards packet to B with src: C, dest: B, port P
    B replies to A with src: B, dest C
    A forwards response to C with src:A dest C,

and this response packet matches C's open outbound socket and is accepted