[CentOS] How to get Bugzilla working on CentOS 5.2 with SELinux turned on?

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 23:47:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 17:43, Aleksey Tsalolikhin
<atsaloli.tech at gmail.com> wrote:
> Software error:
> Can't connect to the database.
> Error: could not connect to server: Permission denied
>        Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
>        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>  Is your database installed and up and running?
>  Do you have the correct username and password selected in localconfig?

You seem to be having problems connecting to the db.

Try this:

# setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect_db 1

(The command above will make the setting permanent.)

I verified that Bugzilla also tries to check its website for updates,
so for that to work you will also need:

# setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1

HTH,
Filipe