[CentOS] CentOS 5.2 and Bacula

Jun Salen nokijun at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 02:26:40 UTC 2008

Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 11:37:17 -0500
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 5.2 and Bacula
Les  wrote:

>Tronn Wærdahl wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have a Samba server on CentOS 5.2 that I would like to and some backup
>> service to, I have been trying to install Bacula, because I want to backup
>> MS machines too, and there is a web GUI.  But when searching around i google
>> I get a bit confused. about what packages I need.
>>
>> Has anyone got bacula running on Centos or maybe guide in the right
>> direction.
>
>You might want to look at backkuppc as an alternative if you are mostly
>backing up to disk and accessing it online.  The linking and compression
>scheme it uses will keep a larger history in less space.

Hi,

Between Bacula and Backuppc, based on list users experience, which is better to use? I intend
to backup both Windows and Linux server. Can I use this to backup my linux mail server with
Zimbra services shutdown? Can I use this to backup windows server machine without using Samba
or it is the only way to go. I intend to read manual of these two when I got my machine to test, for a
while maybe I can get some insight from those who have already experience using these tools.

Thanks,

junji
aisalen.wordpress.com
Linux Registered User #253162