[CentOS] HA Storage Cookbook?

Gordon McLellan

gordonthree at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:51:53 UTC 2008

Hello List,

Can anyone recommend some sites regarding building high-availability
storage networks using centos (or the upstream providers brand name)?
I need to have approx 2-3 tb of storage available via iscsi and smb,
but worry about having it all on a single server.  Most of the HA
articles I'm reading deal with application high availability, but not
storage.

Right now I have a centos 4.6 box serving up a mirrored pair of 1tb
drives via iscsi and smb, but the poor machine comes apart when anyone
tries to write a lot of data.  I'm hopefully to have a little budget
to upgrade in Q1 2009.  Ideally I'd like to get two boxes with proper
hardware raid and have them in a cluster.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Gordon