[CentOS] windows auth in linux world

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Nov 7 02:30:48 UTC 2008

RobertH wrote:
> it is not my expertise so i need to get some direction please so i can
> google better on this one.
>
> looks like to many choices and i am sure some are time wasters.
>
> for those of you that have done it, what is your recommendation on the
> absolute easiest / fastest implementation to get a centos file (space)
> server to auth from a windows domain controller?

Others have already told you what software to use and hinted at how to
do it...I have a question. Are you going to have more than one centos
based file servers? If you are, you may want to also use ldap as the
backend rid store for winbind to keep the uid mappings consistent across
all centos boxes.