[CentOS] Perl Trouble

Dave Cross davorg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 14:52:41 UTC 2008

2008/11/8 Dirk H. Schulz <dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de>:

> I will stick to installing the modules from rpms. By the way, seems that
> there are some missing dependencies: The module I installed for usage is
> perl-Nagios-Plugin, but that did not lead to installation of
> perl-Class-Accessor. Should I inform someone of that (whom? how?).

That's strange. The META.yaml[1] for that module clearly includes
Class::Accessor as a pre-requisite. And I'd expect that to filter
through to become an rpm dependency. But looking at the spec file for
the rpm[2], it's clearly missing (with a few other dependencies).

Looks like the rpm spec was built by Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> - you
might want to mention your problem to him. Actually, a better approach
might be to use the official RPM Forge feedback mechanisms[3].

Hope that helps,

Dave...

[1] http://search.cpan.org/src/TONVOON/Nagios-Plugin-0.27/META.yml
[2] http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/perl-Nagios-Plugin/perl-Nagios-Plugin.spec