[CentOS] Appliance platform

Ted Miller tedjeanmiller at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 9 04:34:45 UTC 2008

John R Pierce wrote:
> Ted Miller wrote:
>>
>> Application (in case anyone cares): Move better-than-FM quality audio
>> across a leased audio circuit with delay under 10 seconds.  No
>> Internet exposure.  Obviously one box
>
> "leased audio circuit" meaning ISDN ?

Typo, a leased data circuit.  Working with 256K per audio stream.

> your $250 target price includes
> not only the built in flat panel and audio adapters but also the ISDN
> adapter?

No, $250 price tag includes only the computer, not the audio adapter or the
display.

> sounds like you're trying to reinvent the Telos Zephyr.
> http://www.telos-systems.com/?/xport/default.htm

Not really.  The Zephyr is a short term use unit, what I want will be
installed and operate for years at a time, preferably without any operator
interaction

Ted Miller