[CentOS] Parallel/Shared/Distributed Filesystems

Geoff Galitz

geoff at galitz.org
Mon Nov 10 11:32:31 UTC 2008

I'm looking at using GFS for parallel access to shared storage, most likely
an iSCSI resource.  It will most likely work just fine but I am curious if
folks are using anything with fewer system requisites (e.g. installing and
configuring the Cluster Suite).

Specifically to our case, we have 50 nodes running in-house code (some in
Java, some in C) which (among other things) receives JPGs, processes them
and stores them for later viewing.  We are looking to deploy this filesystem
specifically for this JPG storage component.

All nodes are running Centos 5.1 x86_64.

-geoff

Geoff Galitz
Blankenheim NRW, Deutschland
http://www.galitz.org