[CentOS] Running From Live DVD & Keeping Settings Between Boots

Mon Nov 10 22:10:25 UTC 2008

Brent L. Bates wrote:
>      Someone posted how to use a memory card (USB or another kind) to save
> settings between boots of a Live CD/DVD.  I believe it was posted not too long
> ago and I thought I had kept the email, but now that I'm looking for the
> information, I can not find it.  I've done some searching and I either get way
> too many hits or way too few, none of which are what I'm looking for.  Does
> anyone remember that post and can forward that message to me?  Thanks.

Unless I'm missing something, you must be remembering another distro.
Had some discussions on this during 5.2 live CD testing with Patrice
Guay who builds the CentOS live CDs.  Knoppix has a feature to save to
USB, and Fedora 9 uses "persistence" to save changes from their live CD,
but as of 5.2 CentOS livecd does not implement it.

Phil