[CentOS] Rsyncing UPdate repo yoyoing

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:34:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:52 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> It has been crazy this past week how a rsync on the update repo keeps
> downloading a number of openoffice.org rpms then deleting them.  And the
> repodata directory seems to be messed up so that I have problems on some
> systems doing updates with it.  My rsync script is:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> rsync -auv rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5.2/updates/i386/ \
> --delete --exclude=debug/ /repos/centos/5.2/updates/i386
>
> Oh, and today we have announcement of some Centos 5 updates, but nothing
> available yet.

Interesting - I updated my home machine last night and my work machine
this morning.  What update are you not seeing?

(WOC: I usually do _not_ see the updates in the announce list until a
day or two after they've already appeared in the update popup, so you
have me a little confused here....)

HTH

mhr