[CentOS] libapr issue - CentOS 4.7

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Thu Nov 13 10:46:10 UTC 2008

> I've had a similar problem, and it was a software that had a custom
> version of gdbm library and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in profile to make
> sure that version would be used.
>
> Do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set? What does this command say:
>
> # echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> If you do, try unsetting it before starting httpd:
>
> # LD_LIBRARY_PATH= service httpd start

thanks for the thought but LD_LIBRARY_PATH was not set - just for kicks
i unset it anyhow and tried again - no dice

# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
# /etc/init.d/httpd start
Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0: undefined symbol: gdbm_errno
                                                           [FAILED]

i am stumped! i wish i could rebuild the box but i cant....