[CentOS] Video Card

Tom Browder

tom.browder at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:17:32 UTC 2008

I want to be able to use a late-model video card with either Nvidia or
ATI (AMD) chips that have the capability to use the GPU for numeric
processing through the CUDA or AMD Stream SDKs.

I can't find any good source for hardware that really works under
Linux, not to speak of Centos.  I need a specific model and brand that
a user has successfully been able to use the proprietary driver for
under Linux.

I have tried EVGA Nvidia 9500 GT with no luck.  I have also tried XFX
6300 XT (not CUDA-capable) and cannot make it work under Centos,
either

I am using Centos 5.2, x86_64 on a Gigabyte mobo with Intel Core 2 Duo.

I appreciate any help,

-Tom

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida