[CentOS] can CentOS act as an iSCSI server?

Ross Walker rswwalker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 00:28:53 UTC 2008

On Nov 16, 2008, at 7:21 AM, "Rudi Ahlers" <rudiahlers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if I could share some space on on of my servers,
> to another server(s) using the iSCSI protocal? I can  see that CentOS
> can connect to an iSCSI server, but can it act as a iSCSI server?
>
> Is so, does anyone have some good HOWTO / tutorials / docs on how to
> set it up?
>
> I'm running CentOS 5.2

There is also the iSCSI Enterprise Target besides the technology
preview of 'tgt' which is more then just iSCSI, but a generic SCSI
target that can also do FC and FCoE.

IET has a kernel device device driver though that will need to be
maintained through kernel updates, but works extremely well.

-Ross