[CentOS] Re: help with CBL spam rejection

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon Nov 17 10:24:01 UTC 2008

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 11-11-2008 11:11 AM Ralph Angenendt spake the following:
> > Jerry Geis wrote:
> >> I saw were it said if I dont correct "Something" I'll be back on the list.
> >> I'm trying to figure out want "Something" is.
> >
> > Not sending mail should do the trick. Our server was in CBL because it had
> > the string "oemcomputer" in the HELO.
> >
> > F*cking despammers.
> >
> Was it the string that caused it, or HELO'ing without a FQDN?

It was the HELO string "oemcomputer.example.com" (with - obviously - the
correct domain there instead of example.com).

The reasoning was that OEMCOMPUTER is used by many spammers in HELO
(well, it was a tad more detailed, but not much). I hope the spammers do
start using MAILOUT or MX or MAIL soon.

Ralph