[CentOS] HW issue during instalaltion

Tue Nov 18 15:18:07 UTC 2008

Philip Manuel wrote:
> We tend to use CentOS for our desktops as well, hence the request to
> this mailing list.  We do not wish to have Ubuntu installed.

Same here; however, on a similar-but-different Shuttle box I bought for
my son recently the only Linux I could get to install was the Ubuntu
Intrepid Ibex beta (release version 8.10 is now out).  Tried several
other recent Linux versions including CentOS 5, Fedora 9 (haven't tried
10 pre-release yet), OpenSuse, PClinuxOS, Knoppix, and Ubuntu Hardy.
None could see the disk.  Windoze XP worked.  :-(

An enterprise Linux should never be expected to support the latest
hardware.  Maybe CentOS 5.3 or 6 when they hit the e-street???  Until
then, you may well be stuck with some more bleeding-edge release.

Phil