[CentOS] XFS or JFS on CentOS 5?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 07:26:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 1:55 AM, Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply John.  However, my question wasn't so much "if I
> should" but how the xfs support in CentOS compares to jfs.  It seems to
> me that xfs is a bit more up-to-date.

Which one to use seems to come down to what you're using that
particular filesystem for.  I'm using xfs with CentOS 5.2 on one of my
system's non-root filesystem.  Seems to work well.  I haven't used jfs
on CentOS in a while, but not for any of the reasons you've listed.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in