[CentOS] Migration from VMWare to HP Blade

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Nov 20 13:31:17 UTC 2008

Matthew Walster wrote on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:44:36 +0000:

> It can't just be us two that have had this issue.

I don't have this issue. It was just standard advice on how you go back to
an older kernel.

> And yes, I've tried altering the root= lines to match the working kernel,

and I gave it after reading that line. It's easy to mistype or do something
else wrong to the file when editing that much. Just changing the default to
boot that supposed to be working kernel gives much less source for
mistakes. If it then still doesn't boot it's more likely that it's got
nothing to do with the kernel version.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany