[CentOS] I need help with CentOS installation on a Core 2 Duo Laptop

Thu Nov 20 20:38:01 UTC 2008

Sadaruwan Samaraweera wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried this option "linux acpi=off pci=nommconf" as well but the
> problem is when I use this I can install the OS but when try to boot
> on to the OS it's hang up on the boot up progress bar screen of the
> CentOS and I can't do  any thing. So I checked it with the text mode
> loader it was the same problem can any one help me to over come this.

By "the text mode loader" do you mean booting to runlevel 3?

You will probably find that anaconda put "acpi=off pci=nommconf" on the
grub kernel line.  Try interrupting the boot and typing "a" when grub
starts and editing the line to delete those and "rhgb quiet" and adding
"3" for runlevel 3.  If the boot still fails, reply to the list with the
last output you see before it hangs.

Phil