[CentOS] XFS or JFS on CentOS 5?

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Nov 20 22:51:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 12:21 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> I use xfs, i dont use jfs. but only on x86_64

Ditto.

> xfs in CentOS is more widely used than jfs is in centos ( impression I
> get from looking at logs on and off - generated at mirror.centos.org ).

(much snippage) - over on the mythtv list, you'll find that there are
more than a few people (including myself) that have been using XFS with
CentOS for *years* without problems.  XFS is better than ext3 when
dealing with files in the sizes of hundreds of megs and possible a
couple dozen gigs... (deleting a 60GB file on ext3 takes a *while*...)

That being said, RH doesn't support XFS and would rather one used ext3.
But this is CentOS.  We have -plus here, and kmods for those who want to
use it... remember - it's all GPL...

	-I