[CentOS] CentOS on HP EliteBook 6930 or Dell Latitude e6400

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Sun Nov 23 20:26:37 UTC 2008

>Note that I plan to turn wireless networking off so I'd be happy if it
>doesn't work. Also, I don't care about the screen performance. I figure
>these are the two most likely areas of compatibility concern, but the
>SSD has me a little concerned, too.

The HP has drivers:
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/documentation.html

The Dell can be ordered with either an Nvidia or Intel chipset, the nvidia
shouldn't be a problem and it looks as if the 4500MHD it can also come with
is similar to the X4500HD, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA which I
understand the same Linux drivers above support the G45 Chipset which both
of those belong to.

Your (any) os is oblivious to the fact your drive is SSD. That's not say
the fact you have one may or may not be an issue, search the web for some
issues surrounding their use...

jlc