[CentOS] Skype vs. CentOS: no outgoing sound

Mon Nov 24 19:17:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
<Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
<snip>
>>> version that i am using is : skype-2.0.0.72-centos
>> Karanbir: Where did you get that version of Skype? I want to get it,
>> in case it is different that the version I have now! TIA! Lanny
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Skype

OK. That's the version I installed on 18 July 2008. So that's not the
reason I have no audio output from the microphone. I disabled the
onboard Audio, thinking it might be easier for me to get this working,
with a generic Sound Blaster compatible sound card. When I have time,
I will try it with the Intel onboard Audio again.  :-)