[CentOS] Stop the FUD Xen is not deprecated

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Wed Nov 26 14:51:56 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Xen isnt going anywhere - Redhat and others have put in major efforts
> into making it work and as far as I can see, while kvm might be a far
> superior platform, its only an 'alternative' platform. Not the
> replacement one.

http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid94_gci1322965,00.html

With only 20,000 lines of code, KVM is simpler to develop
and maintain than the 300,000-line Xen, he added.

"The best judge of the better hypervisor is the Linux
community," Schnaider said. "And the momentum is shifting
from Xen to KVM," with Red Hat and Ubuntu both announcing
adoption of KVM, he said.
[..]
Cathrow cautioned, however, that although Red Hat will
continue to develop new features for both platforms, it
"might not make sense" to incorporate all the latest
enhancements in Xen, he said.

"Xen's been a great solution, but KVM offers more
innovation and faster features," Cathrow said.
"Technology moves forward, and KVM is the future."

--

nate