[SOLVED] [CentOS] disk space issues...any help is greatly appreciated

Ray Leventhal centos at swhi.net
Wed Nov 26 16:15:07 UTC 2008

Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Ray Leventhal <> scribbled on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 3:50 PM:
>

>> I have additional HDDs available if growing the partition is in order
>> (would appreciate pointers to that, if applicable), but I'm really
>> stumped as to where the space is being eaten up.
>>

> Try a yum clean all. That might help. But if it's as you say, not connected to

Hi again all,

There was a 3.5hr power outage last night which explains it all.  Sadly,
I've got some investigation to do about why my *supposed* 5hrs of
battery backup didn't last long enough to cover, but the
mount point was, in fact, unmounted and so rsync did it's job right into
the folder as opposed to the ext. drive.

As always, my sincere thanks to this list and to our CentOS maintainers.

Kindest regards,
-Ray