[CentOS] how to connect to a switch with a serial cable? - what command(s) to use?

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 09:41:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 1:41 AM, Filipe Brandenburger
<filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Use:
>
> screen /dev/ttyS0
>
> When you're done, to kill your session, press Ctrl-A then K
> (uppercase) and answer 'y'.
>
> HTH,
> Filipe

Thank you, Filipe. It doesn't work though. The server runs the XEN
kernel, and I think there's something I need to enable in XEN for it
to work, as XEN uses the console's of the domU's in the same way as a
serial console. So, I think I need to redirect it, somehow, but don't
know how yet.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers