[CentOS] Looking for a method to keep at least 5% CPU

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Nov 28 14:31:20 UTC 2008

Ryan J M wrote on Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:50:39 +0800:

> PS: I think, you know, root should be loginable in any condition
> unless the system is down. Shouldn't it?

Anyxone is able to loghin anytime, if youw ant to see it that way ;-) But
the system needs the ressources to make this happen before the timeout ;-)
It might also not be a CPU issue, but a bandwidth issue. If bandwidth is
occupied by other users it may take a time for your packets to get thru.
In any case, you may want to lower the load for that machine or give it
more "power" if you can. If you cannot login as root with ssh because it
times out this also means that the others experience a less than optimal
performance.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany