[CentOS] Neighbour table overflow

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Nov 29 01:27:54 UTC 2008

Thomas Dukes wrote:
> >    # tcpdump -i eth1 -n ip host 65.188.xxx.xxx and not ether host 00:17:CB:4F:97:81
> OK, I think you lost me on that last part.  I ran tcpdump -i eth1 -n ip host
> 65.188.0.1 and got:

no, no.  I said...

# tcpdump -i eth0 -n ip host 65.188.xxx.xxx and not ether host
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

thats all one line.  the first xxx.xxx would be replaced with those
fields from your IP address not the gateway, and the latter
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx would be replaced with the MAC address of your ISP's
default router, as discovered via the other command I listed.

I guess this is just too complicated to do over email...  I recommend
you find someone local to you who is versed in network troubleshooting.