[CentOS] Installing CentOS security updates to RHEL machines? (RHN subscription expired)

Alexander Farber

alexander.farber at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 16:02:06 UTC 2008

Hello,

I hope my question is not annoying. I work as sysadmin
at a 400 users firm and we have around 20 CentOS 4/5
servers and VMs and CentOS is awesome, thank you!

However we have 4 important SAP-servers running RHEL5
and our RHN subscription has unforunately expired and
buying it again is not an option right now. Installing CentOS is
not an option too, because we'd have to pay for SAP-reinstall.

Has anybody have been in a similar situation and figured
out a good way to make "yum update" on RHEL machines
to work against CentOS repositories?

Regards
Alex