[CentOS] Installing CentOS security updates to RHEL machines?(RHN subscription expired)

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Sun Nov 30 18:53:22 UTC 2008

Alexander Farber wrote:
> You don't know our situation and already have an opinion.
>
> We already spent 400000 Euro for SW licenses this year
> (and we have only 400 users). And we're an automotive business,
> so I can understand that management tries to save some money.
>
> Regards
> Alex
>
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Jim Wildman <jim at rossberry.com> wrote:
>> I always find the sentiments from the management of the original poster
>> interesting.  They are serious enough about their business to have spent
>> $$$ on SAP to run the business, then they want to cheap out on the support
>> contract on the OS.
>>
>> Very short sighted.

woaw .. 400000 euros and you want to spare 4 x 279 euros (basic RHEL
subscription) ?
Sorry but i don't get the point ..
Of course you can normally switch to CentOS but for such business
critical application (and the fact that 4 x 279 euros is nothing against
SAP price itself) i'd rather continue with RHN subscription .. just my
two cents of course

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>