[CentOS] Nightly yum update did an "upgrade"

Griesbach, Lutz

lutz.griesbach at coremedia.com
Thu Oct 2 11:11:25 UTC 2008

Hy there,

i have a centos (4.?) Box  with nightly yum update enabled. Last night, it did an upgrade to 4.7 leading to several problem i.e. not respawning the dhcrelay, which is needed on this box.

Can I control the update policy not to upgrade to new releases in the nightly updates? I would like do to nightly updates, but make release upgrades manual (I get a new kernel, so I have to reboot anyway).

Is that possible?

Regards,

Lutz Griesbach
IT Administrator

tel +49.40.325587.701
fax +49.40.325587.999

lutz.griesbach at coremedia.com

CoreMedia
Ludwig-Erhard-Str. 18
20459 Hamburg, Germany
www.coremedia.com

CoreMedia AG
Executive Board: Sören Stamer (CEO), Dr. Klemens Kleiminger (CFO)
Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr. Florian Matthes (Chairman)
Trade Register: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HR B 76277