[CentOS] Software Raid Expert Needed
John R Pierce
pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Oct 6 00:30:46 UTC 2008
Bob Hoffman wrote:
> I think you are saying not only do you want to keep the data but also keep
> the whole system setup.
I tersely outlined how to do this earlier.
in more detail...
1) boot a rescue CD,
2) drop the mirrors on sdb,
3) repartition and mkfs on sdb1 to use as temporary file space to
hold the backups of the existing md0, md1
4) dump both file systems on md0, md1 to the temp file system on sdb1
5) delete both metadisks
6) repartition sda as 2 x raid1 w/o any active mirrors,
7) mkfs on the new md0, md1
8) restore the dumps on sdb1 to these new md0, md1
9) repartition sdb again as the two mirrors and join them to md0, md1
More information about the CentOS