[CentOS] Re: Installing a new VM on a xen box.

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu Oct 9 19:51:57 UTC 2008

I decided to come at this from a different angle and acquired a
"Centrina???" Intel white-box 64 bit Core2 Duo system with Intel VT
technology.  This should give me "full virtualization" capability for Xen.

However, while the installer of the ix_64 package completes without
problem (si long as the acpi=off switch is provided) I get an error when
system first boots after the install followed by a halt

I see this message:

BIOS BUG No explicit IRQ entires. Using default mptable (tell hw vendor)

I get a second message relating to IRQ9 telling me to boot with irqpoll.

Does anyone here know what I need to do to get past this?

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3