[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4.7 Server CD - update frontpage

Spike Turner spiketurner09 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 19:50:51 UTC 2008

Akemi Yagi  wrote:

> Eh?  If you are saying that the Fedora forum is a success
> and the
> CentOS forums are a failure, then I would certainly
> disagree.
>
> I would like to point out that, although I am helping the
> CentOS
> project as one of the forum moderators, I have been
> participating in
> several CentOS mailing lists as well.  I know how both
> venues work and
> address different audience.  And I can say both are serving
> their
> purposes very well in the CentOS community, often
> complimenting each
> other.

I'm not saying "failure" - but community participation.
For example the fedora forum contains relevant news and
http://fedoraproject.org/ is a goldmine compared to the
centos website. There is even a fedora weekly news.

I was reading the comments on Slashdot of the Wikipedia guy
who migrated his servers from Red Hat 9/Fedora to CentOS
and he asked who "uses CentOS as a desktop"?.
Why didn't he ask the same of Fedora or Ubuntu?

Spike.