[CentOS] I need help with GRUB

Sadaruwan Samaraweera

slinuxworld at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 04:17:36 UTC 2008

Hello,

      I need help with grub. I've a PC that I've assembled by my self and
the configuration is listed below.

AMD Athlon 3600+
1GB Kingstone RAM
80GB SATA & 40 GB PATA
MSI Motherboard

   And the problem that I'm having is with my two Linux distros. Ive
installed CentOS & Windows in my SATA HDD and I've used my complete 40GB
PATA HDD for Ubuntu. Well all OS's work fine with out any problems but when
I want to boot into CentOS I've to select the SATA as my booting HDD from
the BIOS if I want to go to Ubuntu the I've to select my PATA as the default
HDD from the menu. So what I want to do is I need to add Both distros in to
one GRUB boot loader and the other thing is that both grubs that I've on
both HDD s only detects the windows Partition not the Linux partion. So I
need to to know how to add bothe Linux versions I've into one GRUB. I want
to use the SATA HDD as my default HDD.

Regards,
Sadaruwan Samaraweera