[CentOS] Help me

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon Sep 1 09:05:12 UTC 2008

Frank Cox wrote:
> In newsgroup and mailing list postings, on the other hand, the convention is to
> put your reply at the bottom or in-line with the original message (and the
> original message is ideally trimmed to the minimum required to keep the flow
> of the "conversation" going.

I think *this* point cannot be stressed enough. I frankly do not care if
you top post or bottom post -  without editing anything out of the mail
you reply to it's just the same mess. From this point of view bottom
posting is even *worse*, as I have to wade through kilobytes of unedited
stuff which I have read before, then read what you (nothing personal!)
wrote, and then still have to figure out which part of the mail that you
completely quoted you were answering to.

So people: TRIM YOUR MAILS!

Ralph