[CentOS] SAS/SATA DAS

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Tue Sep 2 17:32:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

I assume you're talking about the MSA60? We have several of those installed
and haven't seen any bottle necks there. Even the fastest SATA drives fall
short of the 150MB/sec max SATA I throughput. And if you could push the
1.5Gb/sec on the SATA side, then the SAS side with a 4x port (4x3Gb/sec)
would become your bottleneck.

Peter.