[CentOS] SAS/SATA DAS

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Tue Sep 2 18:44:12 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> Anyone got any real world info they can share? I need 3.5" SATA II at least
> 12 drives behind SAS,
> I am not concerned about space and could use multiple 1u chassis if I had
> to.

What about this?

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13045_na/13045_na.html

The MSA2000sa is a 2U direct attach, external shared storage
solution designed for small to medium size deployments or
remote locations. It comes in two models - a basic single
controller model for low initial cost with the ability to
upgrade later; and a model with dual controllers standard
for maximum performance. This solution offers a SAS host
nterface to accommodate twelve 3.5 inch enterprise class
SAS drives and archival-class SATA drives. Additional
capacity can easily be added when needed by attaching up
to three MSA2000 12 bay drive enclosures. Maximum raw
capacity ranges from 3.6TB SAS or 12TB SATA in the base
cabinet, to over 14.4TB SAS or 48TB SATA with the addition
of the maximum number of drive enclosures.

This page says it supports SATA II
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/disk_storage/msa_diskarrays/san_arrays/index.html

nate