[CentOS] Re: Curmudgeoning (was Re: Problems with writing Dual Layer DVD)

Tue Sep 2 19:57:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:32 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
>> I once had a pretty large collection of CP/M machines. I had three
>> IMSAI's....
> ok, now you've done it.
> lets play "Name that old computer!"
> http://hogranch.com/digital.research/My_office_upstairs_at_734_Lighthouse.jpg
> (my office circa 1979)

Circa  1979? Yesterday, I spoke with a man I worked with in 1978 -
1979. To my astonishment, the customer (DoD) is still using one of the
systems I worked on then. They are paying a company to upgrade the
Software, as they upgrade the Hardware. I am probably one of a few
people who can understand the original Assembly language code written
years ago for that.