[CentOS] Re: Curmudgeoning (was Re: Problems with writing Dual Layer DVD)

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 02:16:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 00:37 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 09:32 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> >> lets play "Name that old computer!"
> >>
> >> http://hogranch.com/digital.research/My_office_upstairs_at_734_Lighthouse.jpg
> >>
> >> (my office circa 1979)
> >>
> > I spy with my little eye a televideo 803 terminal, and what looks like a
> > hazeltine terminal, but the one at the chair with the square front I
> > don't recognize. The blue one, an IMSAI 8080? Under it DEC? To the far
> > left a televideo 1603? How many points do I get? :) Ric
> >

> the far right bottom beige unit is a Cromemco System Three beast, and
> the blue box above it is an Intel MDS800
>
> the "terminal" on top of the Vector MZ in the middle background was just
> a crt+keyboard, attached to said Vector MZ's internal video card
>
> I'm pretty sure the big square terminal in the middle foreground behind
> the phone is a Soroc (anagram for Coors)
>
> The terminal on the table to the left was a Televideo, I dont remember
> the number, and the computer next to it is a early sample of a Tarbell
> S100 system.
>
> All of these ran CP/M-80, as I was working at Digital Research on CP/M
> innards.   Most of them had the max 64kbyte memory their 2 or 4Mhz 8 bit
> CPUs could address, and 2 or 4 diskette drives that held anywhere from

Nice! Let me know when you clean out your garage! Remember Irv Hoff??
Imp? Best little telecom program ever written. I decided, out of the
blue, to call him and thank him for his work. He was dying of cancer, he
said, and what was really sad was that he said no one had called him for
quite a while. I got his home number out of some of his docs. A few
weeks later, he died. He did a bunch of good, died by himself. Sad. Ric

https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339