[CentOS] mysql

Mad Unix madunix at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 07:31:00 UTC 2008

However,  am thinking to do the following

mysqlhotcopy --allowold --flushlog -u <username> --password=<password>
<dbname> /var/backups/mysql/

or

/usr/bin/mysqldump -u#### -p#### --all-databases -a >
/var/backups/mysql/$(date +%Y%m%d).sql
tar cf - /var/backups/mysql/$(date +%Y%m%d).sql | gzip -c >
/misc/backups/MySQL/$(date +%Y%m%d).tar.gz

Any recommendation ,,,,,,,,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Mad Unix <madunix at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I need to replicate MySQL DB of mulltiple server on SiteA to my DR-Site
> > Site_B... all DB
> > are alocated on RHEL,SuSE,Centos,Debian, FreeBSD servers.
> > I need a script to take Multiple MySql DataBase Backup and then import to
> > SiteB, the replica
> > can be done as cold or hotbackup and cron it
> > Thanks
>
> I'm sure there are several folks on the list who would be willing to
> contract out for the creation of such a script. If you're looking for
> cheaper stuff though, you might want to have a look at maatkit or
> zmanda.
>

> --
> During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
> act.
> George Orwell

Madunix_at_Gmail
Sysadmin

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers" - Pablo Picasso
"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window." - Steve Wozniak