[CentOS] Compiling v6tun from KAME

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Sep 4 13:15:09 UTC 2008

I need vtun working over IPv6.  The version from rpmforge does not seem
to support IPv6 (binds to 0.0.0.0:5000 if I specify binding to the
interface, and won't let me put in an IPv6 address for address binding).

So I was pointed to the KAME (which does not provide any FC/RHEL
support.  The person who sent me there provided a makefile that he said
works on Linux, but did not work for me:

Makefile from KAME:

install_dir = /usr/local/v6/bin

v6tun: v6tun.o
	cc -o $@ $>

install: v6tun
	-rm -f $(install_dir)/v6tun
	install -c -o root -g wheel -m 04710 v6tun $(install_dir)

clean:

	-rm -f *.o v6tun

Makefile from contact:

v6tun: v6tun.o

        gcc v6tun.c v6tun.h -o v6tun

install: v6tun

        -rm -f $(install_dir)/v6tun

        install -c -o root -g wheel -m 04710 v6tun $(install_dir)

clean: 6tun: v6tun.o    -rm -f *.o v6tun

        gcc v6tun.c v6tun.h -o v6tun install: v6tun

        -rm -f $(install_dir)/v6tun

        install -c -o root -g wheel -m 04710 v6tun $(install_dir) clean:

        -rm -f *.o v6tun

I changed the install_dir to /usr/local/bin

I had put the makefile, v6tun.c, & v6tun.h in /root/v6tun and as root
issued make install.  I got the following error:

Makefile:10: *** target pattern contains no '%'. Stop.

What is missing to get this compiled?