[CentOS] OT: workstation recommends: Thinkmate?

Barry Olddog

oldcanine at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 17:48:12 UTC 2008

I'm looking to buy a new workstation, and it looks like Thinkmate makes what I need -- their vsx "virtually silent" variety. I hestitate because I  wasn't happy with a laptop I bought a few years ago from a small outfit that sold Linux boxes exclusively. Does anyone have experience with Thinkmate, and in particular, the VSX line? If the later, is it really quiet.

I run Centos on four machines now, three of which are Dells, and I'm hoping to do better. The Dell T5400 is close to what I want, but I get more for less from Thinkpad -- at least on paper.

thx,

Barry