[CentOS] Virtual email with Postfix, MySQL and Dovecot problem

mouss mouss at netoyen.net
Fri Sep 5 20:52:47 UTC 2008

Lunix1618 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Anyone of you success to install virtual email with Postfix, MySQL and
> Dovecot on CentOS 5.2 ? I am running: mysql-server-5.0.45-7.el5,
> postfix-2.3.3-2.el5.centos.mysql_pgsql and dovecot-1.0.7-2.el5 on CentOS
> 5.2 box and can not make it work.
>
> All deamons (mysqld, postfix master, dovecot) are running but I can not
> make it deliver email to virtual user via Dovecot.
> The log file show that postfix is not deliver email to virtual user but
> it deliver to all virtual aliased address.

can you give concrete examples. show the log line, say what it does and
what it should do.

but please use the postfix-users list instead of here.

PS. note that virtual_alias_maps apply to ALL mail. they have nothing to
do with virtual_alias_domains.

> Sep  5 23:52:22 centos-svr sendmail[9442]: alias database /etc/aliases
> rebuilt by abc

why is sendmail still running. use alternatives to set the MTA to
postfix, then stop sendmail. otherwise, you'll have problems.

followups on the postfix-users list please.