[CentOS] DJB's daemontools package

Al Sparks data345 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 12:51:15 UTC 2008

I was going to recommend roughly the same thing.

Don't use RPM's, install his tools manually.

When I did, I learned a lot of useful information about the internals
of RedHat/CentOS (or any System V LUnix system for that matter).

And with all due respect, of course, it brings me back to the days
when I was managing a qmail server and hanging around the qmail
mailing list.

There was a lot of rudeness and snarkyness on that list.  They
aren't kind to those they consider fools.

DJB has his acolytes, much like Linus Torvalds does.  I suspect that
DJB's personality reflects the overall tone of DJB related online
communities, much like Torvalds's personality affects groups like
this.  I have to say, DJB's software offerings are top rate.

Oh and the qmail server?  My employer went Exchange.  And slowly
but surely, the IT there is becoming more Microsoft with Linux
becoming more of an outlier.  It's probably time for me to find
another job.  It's hard, because I've been with them a long time.
   === Al